FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to cause "rolling black bars" like monitor not in sync w/ camera.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Terry
How to cause "rolling black bars" like monitor not in sync w/ camera.
on Jan 5, 2012 at 11:30:43 pm

Have an odd issue. Might not be right forum, but don't know where it might be better, and I've always thought the opinions in this forum were sound and experienced ... so here goes:

Have a nightclub client who is running videos on 60" lcd monitors. He wants to figure out if there's a way somehow to foil cellphone cameras from being able to record the footage.

The only thing I could think of was the refresh rate issue where you get rolling black bars in the footage. But LCD's don't have the problem like crt's do.

Any thoughts? Right now I'm trying to play with frame rates, but I don't think that will do anything.

thanks,

pt

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: How to cause "rolling black bars" like monitor not in sync w/ camera.
on Jan 6, 2012 at 2:16:28 pm

Surround the monitors with strips of infrared LEDs. To the naked eye it will just look like trim, to the cameras the LEDs will be glaringly bright and, depending on the strength of the IR LEDs, obscure the recording of what's on the LCDs. It will take some experimentation to get the effect you need.

To see a small example; look at the end of a TV remote, push the buttons, you see nothing. Point the remote at a camera/phone, push the buttons, you see the IR LED. Most small cameras do not filter out IR.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]