FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to reduce video noise

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dammes Kieft
How to reduce video noise
on Jan 5, 2012 at 7:00:41 pm

Hello People,

I'm editting an aftermovie of a party made in Rotterdam (The Netherlands) I used a Nikon D5100 SLR Camera and a Microbeam 128 Leds for some extra light. The shots i've done without the light contents a lot of noise which is really ugly.. My question is, is there any effect or other possible way to reduce this ugly noise?

Here you have a picture where u see it clearly

Can you help me guys?

And sorry for my bad english, i'm Dutch ;)

Return to posts index

Fred Miller
Re: How to reduce video noise
on Jan 5, 2012 at 7:20:29 pm

Neat video makes a great plug-in (your going to have to pay for it). I've had some really remarkable results with it.

FCP Studio 2
Dual 3Gg Quad Core
OS 10.5.8

Return to posts index

Matthew Campagna
on Jan 5, 2012 at 7:33:51 pm

I agree that the Neat Video plugin does a good job.
Just as a reminder, like most new equipment, you will need to play with it a little to get good results.
Also note, renders are very slow even with a fast machine.

I suggest 2 possible approaches:

1. Render the full clips you want to use, reimport them, and then re-edit them into the timeline.
this will alleviate having to re-render every time you make a change to that footage's edit.
(faster final output render)

2. render the footage after everything has been edited.
(longer final output render)

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jan 5, 2012 at 9:39:19 pm

I, too, like and use Neat. Another excellent product is Video Purifier by Innobits. They're in Sundsvall, Sweeden.

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved