FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unwarranted Protection Error

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frazer Lockhart
Unwarranted Protection Error
on Jan 3, 2012 at 9:35:23 pm

I have a legally obtained copy of FCP Studio 7 installed on my iMac. It has been working fine for months. There are no other copies of FCP 7 installed on any other computers on my network. I left for 10 days. When I got back, it started giving me the identical serial number protection error. Has anyone else encountered this? How do I fix it?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Unwarranted Protection Error
on Jan 3, 2012 at 10:46:50 pm

Are you on a school or work LAN? That error only pops up when another copy of FCP using your SN is running on the same network. Someone stole your SN and is using it...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Frazer Lockhart
on Jan 3, 2012 at 10:52:53 pm

I am on a work LAN, but it is a protected LAN and none of the other computers on it are running FCP. Does the message only appear when someone is using the same SN on my LAN, or when someone else is using it in general?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 3, 2012 at 11:39:07 pm

It appears when on the same LAN.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Frazer Lockhart
on Jan 4, 2012 at 1:53:45 pm

Has anyone ever experienced an instance where this message pops up in error? I ask because I've checked every other computer using this LAN and none of them are running FCP. I suppose it's also possible that someone broke into our office, installed FCP 7 on their computer, stole our wifi password, and didn't take anything else, but that seems less likely to me than a FCP bug. Anyone have any thoughts on what to try before I go for an uninstall?

Return to posts index

Frazer Lockhart
on Jan 6, 2012 at 10:59:34 pm

So it turns out that after a couple of days the problem righted itself. I didn't do anything differently. Just a weird FCP bug.

Return to posts index

Scott Slone
on Jan 27, 2012 at 12:12:22 am

I returned to my editing station this morning with this issue, from what I've read and your response - I may just have to wait it out and work unplugged.

I called Apple and after a 30 minute call they were at a loss except to re-install. I wondered if our disks serials were lifted, they stated they have no way of checking if that was a possibility. Even so we have a 10 license - only 3 machines using the software.

I've tried everything. e.g. Hard modem reset, router reset, flushed OSX dns cache, stopped sharing Apple Qmaster, permissions repair, and I'm sure a few other things I'm forgetting.

There has to be a better way for them to protect registration than this, what seems to be a common bug.

If anyone has any clue, I'd appreciate the added input.
Thanks,
Scott

Return to posts index

Frazer Lockhart
on Jan 27, 2012 at 3:40:54 pm

Scott,

There is a workaround Afraid the only real solution is to wait it out, although there is a workaround in the meantime. For me the error only showed up when I was connected to the internet, so if you disconnect you should be able to run FCP. Annoyingly, you won't be able to be online and running FCP at the same time, but at least you'll be able to edit.

Good luck,
Frazer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]