FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green screen/color issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Naides
Green screen/color issue
on Jan 3, 2012 at 8:42:49 pm

i got a sequence, all of which was very nicely shot on green screen. theres a small clip though that i guess wasnt lit as nicely as the rest of the sequence and all i wanna do is have that green match the green i've used for the rest of the whole sequence as when i lay a single background image down you can see it get a bit darker...whats my best option here to make them match? is it just color 3 way and eyeball it or is there a way to pick the green out of the good and tell the other clip i want it to match (how can i do that?)

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: Green screen/color issue
on Jan 3, 2012 at 9:11:24 pm

Look at the good green on a vector scope, mark where it shows up on the scope. Then, on your bad green, apply the Limit Effect in the 3-Way Color Corrector. Select the green background and then use the color controls to match the greens on the scope. With the Limit Effect you will only be changing the green and not applying any effect to your subject. This works best if you can set up a split screen so that both greens show up on the scope at the same time, then you can match them easily.

Joe

Bars & Tone
SALUTE!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Green screen/color issue
on Jan 3, 2012 at 9:24:58 pm

You can copy-paste the setings from one, good greenscreen to another in a couple of ways, one is just to drag and drop a little icon in the control panel for the good setup onto all the other setups. From there, you could do additional tweaks using the limit effect as already described.

When you say the one take isn't done as well, do you mean the screen isn't as even or the wrong brightness or something, as opposed to the talent in the shot being improperly lit? Once you have the matte cut out well, you can tweak the image quality of the source seprate from it's matte. I think that's what the previous post was getting at.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]