FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 White (or lighter than regular) line/row of pixels at top of frame. after Interlacing? assistance!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cosmo jarvis
FCP 7 White (or lighter than regular) line/row of pixels at top of frame. after Interlacing? assistance!
on Jan 2, 2012 at 8:35:20 pm

Hey there.

Im cutting an feature using fcp 7 on a Mac-book pro.

Original footage was all shot progressive. I just let FCP decide these settings...

Sequence settings are...

1920 x 1080
HDTV 1080i (16:9)
square pixel

pro res 422 HQ

I have two different cameras worth of footage. A Canon 550d and a Sony Z7.

Both were converted to pro res 422 HQ.

all my establishing shots were shot on the z7 and have had Lock and load X applied in a separate sequence and then re exported as pro res 422 HQ and dropped back into my sequence where they pretty much looked fine except on motion heavy shots I noticed some interlacing so I presumed that this was the result of the lock and lock plug-in. So I applied Fcp's baisic de-interlace filter to all of the shots that were exported post lock and load application. (> VIDEO > De-Interlace)

so it looks like the interlacing has gone, but when I apply color correction or contrast or sharpen the very top row of pixels seems to be getting treated differently to the rest in that it is notably brighter and sometimes almost block white. This is terrible because after I edited my levels using the excess Luma in canvas view to assist me and all was looking good - this one bright row of pixels (the entire width of the frame) causes the show excess Luma to give me a warning that the brights are too high.

Also why do any changes that I make in the motion tab (like adding little fake pans and stuff) make my footage suddenly interlaced requiring me to apply De-interlace filter again? I have searched and searched for answers and now officially consider myself screwed.

Return to posts index

cosmo jarvis
Re: FCP 7 White (or lighter than regular) line/row of pixels at top of frame. after Interlacing? assistance!
on Jan 11, 2012 at 10:08:54 am

please?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]