FORUMS: list search recent posts

OMF won't export all tracks

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Hill
OMF won't export all tracks
on Jan 1, 2012 at 3:10:07 am

I have 45 tracks of audio. I'm breaking the OMF's up by tracks so they are all below 2GB.
i have 6 omf files:
tracks1-2
tracks3-4
tracks5-7
tracks 8-10
tracks 11-20
tracks 21-45

The first five export fine. Tracks 21-45 however do not. FCP only exports tracks 21. I have rebuilt the sequence. nothing. I even moved the tracks around...nothing.

What can I do to export all the tracks.

THANKS!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: OMF won't export all tracks
on Jan 1, 2012 at 9:31:49 am

The last group is 25 tracks. OMF may not support more than 24 tracks per export so further break those tracks down and tray again. Otherwise it suggests there is a corrupt clip probably at the head of track 22.

Return to posts index

Michael Hill
on Jan 1, 2012 at 6:13:37 pm

thanks Michael. I did in fact break up the tracks further but still no luck.

I was able to solve the problem by adding files to the head of the timeline. Many of these tracks did not contain content until later in the show. So as long as those clips are deleted in the sound edit they should have all the media.

Also...i could not simply have the same media....as in a two pop etc...each track had to contain distinct media clip at the head in order to write.

thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jan 1, 2012 at 10:40:27 pm

That is strange behaviour. Did you have clips in the timeline that were disabled or strange formats like mp3 or aac?

Also I have never had to have new two pips on each track. Might also be time for usual maintenance like trashing prefs and repairing permissions. I still suspect there are some files on those tracks that are either corrupted or non standard codecs or sample rates.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jan 2, 2012 at 5:31:03 am

Did you try copying the clips to a new timeline onto tracks actually numbered less than 24?

FYI, OMF is an old Avid format (one which they have since moved on from...now using AAF by default). All versions of Avid max out at 24 audio tracks, so it makes sense that OMF exports might not deal with it.

Return to posts index

Michael Hill
on Jan 2, 2012 at 7:41:51 am

yes i did copy the tracks to a new sequence and put them on tracks 1-24. still no luck.

it must be some corrupt file. there was an mp3 or two but those tracks were being written. haha. some bug i guess???

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]