FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Crashes when I Try to Log and Transfer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Owen Essen
FCP Crashes when I Try to Log and Transfer
on Dec 30, 2011 at 12:32:44 am

I just got a new iMac and installed a new copy of Final Cut Studio on it. I'm trying to transfer footage from my camera (Cannon Vixia HFM300) to Final Cut Pro via Log and Transfer. When I first tried, the thumbnails came up fine. I realized however that I had the wrong SD card, so I switched it. Now as soon as the Log and Transfer window comes up FCP quits unexpectedly.

I've tried disconnecting the camera and restarting the computer. Log and Transfer comes up fine when the camera's not connected. But when it is, the Log and Transfer window comes up for a second or two only, and then FCP crashes.

I'm not sure what else to try. So any help will be much appreciated!

-AbcAbcwebd

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: FCP Crashes when I Try to Log and Transfer
on Dec 30, 2011 at 1:32:44 am

Step one, trash your preferences.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Owen Essen
on Dec 30, 2011 at 6:30:43 pm

Thanks for the advice.

Which preferences should I change? Their all still set to the default.

On another note, someone suggested I try copying the files off the camera and onto the computer, then ejecting the camera, and trying to log and transfer from the computer.

I tried this, and FCP isn't crashing now. But when I try to open the new folder in the Log and Transfer window, I get the following error message:

Warning

'Folder Name' contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Owen Essen
on Dec 30, 2011 at 7:08:57 pm

I came across this article on the Apple website.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1847

I was just copying the .MTS files themselves, but it sounds like I need to copy all the containing folders for FCP to recognize it. I'll try that now....

Return to posts index

Owen Essen
on Dec 30, 2011 at 11:08:01 pm

So that's not working....
It won't let me copy the entirety of the chip as one .MTS is causing an error message (perhaps part of the problem to begin with?). Anyway I copied the whole chip (except the one file that won't be copied) peice by peice and put it together in an idetical heirachy to that of the chip.

Then I ejected the camera and tried Log and Transfer again. No luck. I'm still getting the same error message as before....

I've tried going to higher folders and lower folders. It's just not working....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]