FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exported video is longer than FCP timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elisa Sweet
Exported video is longer than FCP timeline
on Dec 29, 2011 at 10:24:45 pm

I performed several searches on the forums looking into issues related to 24fps vs. 23.976fps (such as this one: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1099892), but I haven't found many results on my issue. I hope I've given all the pertinent information, if not let me know.

I have a project I am editing that needs to be exactly 56:46. In my FCP sequence, it comes in at exactly 56:46. When I export via QuickTime Conversion (MP4 - H.264) the resulting MP4 file is 56:49. Also, when I export straight to AIFF the resulting file is also 56:49. Doing some back of the napkin math, that three seconds might have appeared if QuickTime is playing the video at 23.976 but FCP is set to 24.

The footage I am working with is HDV 720p24
My timeline settings are as follows:
Editing Timebase: 23.98
QuickTime Video Settings:
- Compressor: HDV 720p24
Render Control:
- Codec: Same as Sequence Codec

The interesting thing is that when I try to import the MP4 that is 56:49 back into FCP it is 56:46 again once I bring it into a new sequence.

Does any one have any ideas what is going on here and/or what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,
Elisa

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Exported video is longer than FCP timeline
on Dec 29, 2011 at 11:57:53 pm

That's weird. The time difference is precisely what you'd see with a difference in drop-frame & non-drop-frame time codes... but I'm pretty sure all 24p is NON-drop-frame.

What's cookin' with your sequence settings?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chad Nunn
Re: Exported video is longer than FCP timeline
on Oct 9, 2012 at 10:53:51 pm

I have the exact same problem. Exported file needs to be 52:40 and comes out 52:43. Drag that file into FCP7 and put it on a timeline and the file that is 52:43 in Quicktime is 52:40 on the timeline. Doesn't make sense.
Did you figure out how to fix this with your exports?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]