FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making a file in compressor playable in iMovie for client

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nel Shelby
Making a file in compressor playable in iMovie for client
on Dec 29, 2011 at 7:19:59 pm

Hi,

I know this is the FCP forum, but I do work in FCP 7 and use compressor to make files. What I am trying to do is make a file for my client that they can import into iMovie. I usually make AIC files and that works fine most of the time, then I made Apple Pro res 422 files and it works fine for most clients except my most recent client. Does iMovie not support Apple Pro Res files? I had not had anyone complain until now.

I film on the Sony Z7U and give the files to my clients once the project is complete. Would love to know the best format for iMovie.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Making a file in compressor playable in iMovie for client
on Dec 29, 2011 at 9:04:03 pm

[Nel Shelby] "Does iMovie not support Apple Pro Res files?"

No. iMovie is DV Stream (for DV) or AIC (For HD). It does not support ProRes. It will convert the ProRes files to AIC if you provided that type.

[Nel Shelby] "I film on the Sony Z7U and give the files to my clients once the project is complete. Would love to know the best format for iMovie. "

Raw files? or finished project? If raw files, just capture the tapes in iMovie. If the final project...then export as AIC.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nel Shelby
Re: Making a file in compressor playable in iMovie for client
on Feb 24, 2012 at 9:11:00 pm

Thanks so much for your help on this. now I am testing them in iMovie before I give them to a client. Most of the time the AIC files import into iMovie and then some times they don't. It's driving me crazy.

I am using compressor AIC 1080i setting and it opens great in QT and in FCP, but some times not in iMovie. Any suggestions?

Much appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]