FORUMS: list search recent posts

splitting audio tracks

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bradley morales
splitting audio tracks
on Dec 29, 2011 at 3:56:25 am

I have a Panasonic HFC 150. An audio guy sugguested that when I shoot, a good way to cover any differences in audio levels, I should turn the left input level bellow the midpoint and the right input level above the midpoint.
When I transfered the clip to the FCP timeline I was unable to separate the audio tracks.
Example, I was recording conversation, but then with the same audio settings some guys sang into an amplified mic. So now my right audio is too high and the left is right on. I want to eliminate the right track (track 2) and duplicate the left track (track 1) which I will then put in its place.
how do I do that?

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: splitting audio tracks
on Dec 29, 2011 at 3:33:26 pm

Select your audio track. Under the Modify menu, deselect the Stereo Pair option. Now, select the track you want to delete and do so. You may also need to deselect Link or at lock the video track so it won't be deleted as well as the audio track. Select the track you want to duplicate and drag it down (or up) to the empty audio track under(above) the original while holding the Shift & Option keys. This should make a copy of your track directly under(over) the original track and in sync with it. Now, select both audio tracks again and re-enable the Stereo Pair option. Pan the tracks to center if they aren't already there.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

bradley morales
Re: splitting audio tracks
on Dec 29, 2011 at 6:22:39 pm

thanks,simple as pie, worked like a charm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]