FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stuttery DVD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Herriott
Stuttery DVD
on Dec 28, 2011 at 9:22:57 pm

Hey everyone, hope your Holidays seasons are going well. Currently, mine aren't.

I just burned a DVD that is very stuttery whenever there is movement.

My chain of events were:

-I exported a sequence out of FCP as a self-contained QT movie. Played it back, it looks fine.

- Sent it to Compressor where, in the "Video Format" tab I set the frame rate at "29.97" since it was only allowing me that option along with "23.98". The video was shot on a Canon Vixia at 60 fps (simulated progressive) and I'm guessing this may be the source of my trouble? But I recall doing a test burn months ago shooting at 60 and it turned out fine. Also, when I brought the footage initially into the timeline, FCP asked if I wanted the sequence settings to be changed to how it was shot so I didn't think they're be any subsequent issues.

- I also set the Field Dominance at "Progressive" in the Video Format tab in DVD Studio Pro. Would "Top First" or "Bottom First" be better?

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Panicking a bit here...supposed to show the DVD tomorrow to friends.

Thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Stuttery DVD
on Dec 28, 2011 at 11:44:21 pm

In DVDSP, I'd leave the field order at lower field first. I guess that would be bottom first in DVDSP-speak.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved