FORUMS: list search recent posts

cant get my canon5d footage in the right format, as everyone i do seems not to work

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
suzanne schreve
cant get my canon5d footage in the right format, as everyone i do seems not to work
on Dec 27, 2011 at 12:54:09 am

Hi,

I set my canon5d on 1920/1080 24 fr - i convert my files through mpeg streamclip to either Apple Prores 422 (HQ) 1920/1080 unscaled - i have also tried XdCam HD 1080 p24 (35 mb Vbr) and set the settings in FCP accordingly - however, i still seem to get the wrong format - see pic.

Please help?

Return to posts index

Bill Willins
Re: cant get my canon5d footage in the right format, as everyone i do seems not to work
on Dec 27, 2011 at 5:08:30 am

the best way to ingest this footage into FCP is by using Canon's EOS free plug-in for FCP ...you can Log & Transfer this footage right into your FCP project.... in the settings you can select how you want this footage to import. ie, ProRes 422HQ or whatever. Go to Canon USA website, navigate to drivers & firmware downloads..select your particular camera from the list ..it will also ask you what OS you are using. check out this comprehensive tutorial from Shane Ross here at the Cow http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1

Return to posts index

suzanne schreve
Re: cant get my canon5d footage in the right format, as everyone i do seems not to work
on Dec 27, 2011 at 2:48:14 pm

Hey Bill,

Thanks for your reply. I have looked into that - the EOS plugin (v211) requires a Mac system 6.6 and later, i have 5.8. I did try to download v211, I didnt find the earlier versions?, and all i receive is a 5d200211.FIR file without any upload or installing instructions.

So im still at a loss. Do you have any further suggestions? Am i missing information?

Return to posts index

Bill Willins
on Dec 27, 2011 at 3:41:18 pm

sorry Suzanne ..... I know that people are doing this with Steamclip ... so search these forums some more, it may simply be that your software is too old to pull this off. good luck BW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]