FORUMS: list search recent posts

lost work???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Falls
lost work???
on Dec 25, 2011 at 3:51:06 pm

I was working on a project, and I wanted to work on another project before the first one was done. So, I selected "New Project", and when I did this I lost my first project. Is it gone forever, or is there a way that I can recover it.

Thank you,
Richard T Falls

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: lost work???
on Dec 25, 2011 at 4:29:53 pm

Did you ever save the project?

Return to posts index

Richard Falls
on Dec 25, 2011 at 4:32:35 pm

no, I don't believe so. :/ I am new to FCP and I'm not too sure how to save work, to continue working on it again.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Dec 25, 2011 at 5:40:31 pm

Select File> Save. Choose a location on your hard drive to save to. After you save, FCP's autosave feature kicks in so you can revert back to and older version of your project should the need arise.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Dec 25, 2011 at 6:11:04 pm

As well, it's near impossible for FCP (or any computer app for that matter) to close or quit without asking you of you want to save your project. If it is truly lost, you said no, you'd rather not save it. Maybe you saved the project "untitled" to your final cut documents folder. Open FCP and see if you can bring it up via open recent.

Return to posts index

Richard Falls
on Dec 25, 2011 at 6:53:35 pm

I have FCPX .. I totally hear you on the automatic save, but I never saved or said not to save. Also, I can't find where I can open recent files. I feel like an idiot! ha

Thank you,
Rich

Return to posts index

Richard Falls
on Dec 25, 2011 at 6:55:14 pm

There isn't a save option under file in FCPX, is there?

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Dec 25, 2011 at 7:40:26 pm

[Richard Falls] "I was working on a project, and I wanted to work on another project before the first one was done. So, I selected "New Project", and when I did this I lost my first project. Is it gone forever, or is there a way that I can recover it."

OMG, is this a real post, or some weak attempt at trolling?
Double face palm if it's real.

[Richard Falls] "I have FCPX .. I totally hear you on the automatic save, but I never saved or said not to save. Also, I can't find where I can open recent files. I feel like an idiot! ha"

FCP X? OK, now I see whats going on...eye roll...
Wrong forum, try the FCP X forum. Or the computers 101 forum. Not knowing how/when/where/if you saved your work isn't really a FCP, or editing question.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Where were you on 6/21?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]