FORUMS: list search recent posts

PLEASE!!! How to conform/consolidate the render

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruno Fraga
PLEASE!!! How to conform/consolidate the render
on Dec 23, 2011 at 10:26:25 pm

Hi,

I puted some hard effects on the shots and rendered. Now I woud like to transform this render with translations on the sequence to the masterclips, the render clips must to be the master clips.
Cause I want to add more effects without rendering all the other effects again.

How can I do that, please?!

Thanks so much!!!

Return to posts index

Jeff Meyer
Re: PLEASE!!! How to conform/consolidate the render
on Dec 23, 2011 at 11:15:19 pm

If transitions are involved it sounds like a re-render.

Final Cut's render files include transitions. If you have clip A and clip B with a transition between them and clip B requires a render the render file will start at 100% clip A, then the transition, then clip B. If you make the render file a master clip when effects added to the render file come on you'll see an abrupt change to clip A as the transition begins. If you dig into your Final Cut Scratch folder and look at the Render Files folder you can search around for the render file you need, but they aren't human readable and the way Final Cut's transitions with effects on clips and render files work won't do you a favour.

Perhaps you need to simplify your effects stack - sometimes you can do more with less and improve your render time.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Dec 24, 2011 at 8:33:57 am

It doesn't always work right, buy you should be able to select the clip(s) and nest them. Then add fx to the nest and render. The rendered nest will be the source for adding the new fx, doing what you want, which is essentially destructive compositing. Something I wish FCP could do without nesting like Avid does.

Return to posts index

Bruno Fraga
on Dec 26, 2011 at 1:50:26 pm

Hi Jeff and Bret,

Thanks for the answer. I think I'll use Apple Color to do the effects I want, but I'll have to work double.
I'll try the Nest item too, but I remember that I tried before and it didn't work, but I'll try again.
I'll start to learn and edit on Avid too, that as I could see, is more professional than FCP.

Thank you so much!!! Best wishes!

Return to posts index

Bruno Fraga
on Dec 26, 2011 at 1:50:50 pm

Hi Jeff and Bret,

Thanks for the answer. I think I'll use Apple Color to do the effects I want, but I'll have to work double.
I'll try the Nest item too, but I remember that I tried before and it didn't work, but I'll try again.
I'll start to learn and edit on Avid too, that as I could see, is more professional than FCP.

Thank you so much!!! Best wishes!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]