FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating accurate logs for my client using FCP and not a human

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michal Pietrzyk
Creating accurate logs for my client using FCP and not a human
on Dec 22, 2011 at 6:45:56 pm

Hopefully someone out there can guide me in the right direction, if there is one. In addition to cuts and masters, I'm delivering timecode accurate logs of certain clips, music cues, etc., and this is over the course of a 50min sequence. Right now, we've got people going in and physically logging the timecodes for all of these clips and music cues, but I read about exporting audio edl's and other possible shortcuts to just have FCP and its peripherals do the leg work. Does anyone out there have any experience with this? I'm cutting DvcProHD @ 59.94 DF and when I go to export an audio EDL using Cinema Tools, it tells me "The sequence timebase is not supported." Any ideas why? My thought is that I can have an AE quickly delete all of the unused tracks or clips from the sequence that wouldn't need to get logged, leave the rest, and export EDLs...if it works, I can do in 30 mins what it takes a whole day to do now. Does anyone out there have any experience in solving these types of situations that could shoot me a few ideas?

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Creating accurate logs for my client using FCP and not a human
on Dec 22, 2011 at 7:08:59 pm

I used to use EDLs for this, but they are a pain. I helped in developing (giving them ideas of what my needs are) this great app by Intelligent Assistance:

http://assistedediting.intelligentassistance.com/SequenceClipReporter/

Uses XML...far more robust than EDL. And so darn easy to read.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michal Pietrzyk
on Dec 23, 2011 at 1:28:55 am

Thanks Shane, I'll definitely give this a try. Just in case, do you know if there are any other similar apps or programs out there in case this one doesn't work for me?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 23, 2011 at 2:19:15 am

Not that I know of. If not EDLs, this is the app. And this only works with XMLs.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michal Pietrzyk
on Feb 14, 2012 at 11:51:37 pm

Shane, you and this app just saved me dozens of man hours a month. It works great! Thanks a ton!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]