FORUMS: list search recent posts

re: Final Cut and QuickTime

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eileen Cowin
re: Final Cut and QuickTime
on Dec 22, 2011 at 4:04:26 pm

I am exporting my video in the usual way...export-QT Movie- current settings- make movie self contained.
When I change the video to open in QuickTime instead of FCP it looks horrible. When I open it in FCP agin it looks great. What am I doing wrong? I have done this many times before and it has been fine.
I am trying to make clips to put in a Keynote presentation.

Thanks,
Eileen

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: re: Final Cut and QuickTime
on Dec 22, 2011 at 4:11:43 pm

"Horrible" is a very nebulous term: not descriptive at all, lacking clues for an adequate diagnosis.

Can you specify what you see when you see the horrible video, and can you tell us about the provenance of the video you edited?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Eileen Cowin
on Dec 22, 2011 at 4:19:35 pm

Sorry( I know "horrible" isn't a technical term!) ....it is pixelated...the color is washed out. Overall, it looks "fuzzy"

Thanks,
Eileen

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 22, 2011 at 5:30:19 pm

#49 - Quicktime movie lighter than what I see in FCP.

Shane's Stock Answer #49 - Why is the Quicktime Movie I made much lighter than what I see in my timeline in FCP?

Because it is designed to be bright enough to be seen on most monitors, some that might be too dark. But, if you want to see the same image you see in your FCP timeline, just open Quicktime, and in the Quicktime Player's preferences window under the General tab you can choose to Enable Final Cut Studio color compatibility.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Eileen Cowin
on Dec 23, 2011 at 3:52:45 pm

Shane, Thanks for your answer. I was out of the studio yesterday and will try that today. BUT...it is not just the color, the text is breaking up and the video looks pixelated. Eileen

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 23, 2011 at 4:26:02 pm

Nothing is wrong...it looks fine in FCP, but horrid in Quicktime. If you want to watch it in QT, compress to a QT DELIVERY CODEC...like H.264.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Eileen Cowin
on Dec 23, 2011 at 5:24:24 pm

I did try using H.264 but I will try again.....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]