FORUMS: list search recent posts

Events and Projects Librarys Missing in FCPX (but folders and videos in finder exist)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Smith
Events and Projects Librarys Missing in FCPX (but folders and videos in finder exist)
on Dec 21, 2011 at 2:19:18 pm

I am now seriously annoyed at this.
All of my Events and Project Librarys are missing when I load up Final Cut Pro X. As its loading the splash screen it spins through that its reading the event library, restoring windows etc etc
But when its fully loaded up there are NO Events or Projects listed.
Can anyone advise what to do here?

Previous to this I had a solution where I kept rebooting the computer until they finally all showed up in FCPX again, but this has now completely stopped working.

All of my files still exist correctly, but its just like FCPX doesn't see them (they are all sitting on my internal HD)

I have files called

CurrentVersion.fcpevent

sitting in
Movies>Final Cut Events>(Name of Event)

and files called

CurrentVersion.fcpproject

Sitting in
Movies>Final Cut Projects> (Name of project)

All of my video media exists in
Movies>Final Cut Events>Name of Project>
Original Media
in their individual folders

If I double click from Finder and try to open a
CurrentVersion.fcpevent

I get the pop up
The document “CurrentVersion.fcpevent” could not be opened.

If I double click from Finder and try to open a
CurrentVersion.fcpproject

I get the pop up
The document “CurrentVersion.fcpproject” could not be opened.

Everytime I start up FCPX it creates a
NEW EVENT (plus the date)
in my Final Cut Events folder.

So, any help anyone?
I'm now thinking what a terrible choice it was to ever bother buying and spending weeks learning how to use FCPX properly and that I should have used a different video editing program instead.

This is seriously depressing :(

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Events and Projects Librarys Missing in FCPX (but folders and videos in finder exist)
on Dec 21, 2011 at 6:55:07 pm

Wrong forum. This one is for FCP 7 and earlier...the LEGACY FCP versions.

FCX forum is here:

http://forums.creativecow.net/fcpxtechnique

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Smith
Re: Events and Projects Librarys Missing in FCPX (but folders and videos in finder exist)
on Dec 22, 2011 at 8:54:32 am

Apologies, I have reposted it there.

Return to posts index

adam chesbrough
on Dec 5, 2012 at 6:49:00 pm

Has anyone found a solution to this problem. It just started happening to me. I just tried the HD on another computer running FCPX and everything opens correctly. I have trashed prefs, reinstalled, removed recent plugins and nothing works. As you can see there is just a giant info section at the top

Macbook Pro Retina: 2.6GHZ i7, 16GB RAM 1600MHz DDR3, GT 650M 1GB RAM

Hackintosh (Sandy Bridge): i5 2500, 16GB 1333MHz DDR3, Nvidia GT640 2GB RAM

OWC 4TB RAID0 (using esata)
Tempo SATA Pro ExpressCard/34 (6Gb/s)
Echo ExpressCard Pro Thunderbolt Adapter

Return to posts index

Ted Hogeman
on Jan 7, 2013 at 4:42:28 pm

Hey John and Adam,

I also had this issue, and was finally able to resolve it by rebooting in safe mode (start up your computer while holding down the shift key). I started up FCPX from within safe mode (don't know if this is necessary, but just in case it is I'm throwing it in). That gave me an error message that some of it's OpenGL components weren't supported in safe mode, so I restarted normally and FCPX read all my events and projects from the internal drive just fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]