FORUMS: list search recent posts

Info Needed on a couple of things!!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Japjeev Singh
Info Needed on a couple of things!!!
on Dec 20, 2011 at 7:20:00 pm

I have just bought a Mac Pro primarily for editing on the fcp. I shoot most of my footage on the canon 5d mark ii. I have a couple of questions
>> Do I need to purchase a blackmagic card? how does is help? does it help in improving the output?

>> If i have to purchase an external hard disk, how much difference does a firewire hard disk make in comparison to a usb one?

Thanks for the support :)

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Info Needed on a couple of things!!!
on Dec 20, 2011 at 7:30:51 pm

[Japjeev Singh] ">> Do I need to purchase a blackmagic card? how does is help? does it help in improving the output?
"

You'll have no way to properly display video to a video monitor without an I/O device or card such as Blackmagic, AJA, or Matrox. Computer monitors do not properly display broadcast video, but if you're only making Web videos you can get away without one as many do. If your market is broadcast or tape output you'll absolutely need one.

[Japjeev Singh] ">> If i have to purchase an external hard disk, how much difference does a firewire hard disk make in comparison to a usb one?"

USB drives do not have the sustained throughput necessary for video playback without dropped frames. Your MacPro has four internal SATA drive bays, and you're much better off using one or more of them for your media drives. And, you absolutely do need to use drives other than your system drive for all of media (i.e. video and audio).

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Japjeev Singh
Re: Info Needed on a couple of things!!!
on Dec 20, 2011 at 7:37:01 pm

Thank You!!! My work is primarily web based so ill wait for a bit before investing into the blackmagic... But ill go for the internal sata drives!!!

Thanks a ton :)

JJ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]