FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need help with exporting my h.264 footage to idvd

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Malaika Ogutu
Need help with exporting my h.264 footage to idvd
on Dec 20, 2011 at 4:51:46 pm

Please help!! I have finished my video that was shot with a nikon 5100d in 30fps hd 1080ip. Im trying to export this footage and burn to dvd with the best quality. Ive tried converting t in quicktime cut the footage i play back looks horrible. I then tried using compressor looks great but i have two files now audio and video. Other posts say to use dvdsp but i cannot find a download for it online. If anyone can help that woul be great im so lost!!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Need assistance with exporting my h.264 footage to idvd
on Dec 20, 2011 at 6:55:55 pm

[Malaika Ogutu] "...Other posts say to use dvdsp but i cannot find a download for it online."

Do you have Final Cut Suite? Then you have DVD Studio Pro, also known as dvdsp. It's a good DVD authoring application, and it can use the mpeg 2 & AC3 files you made earlier.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Malaika Ogutu
on Dec 20, 2011 at 8:24:00 pm

Hi dave ...thank you for the response....
I have Final Cut Pro 7. When I look in my applications I can only idvd. When I compressed my file in compressor it turned it into two clips audio and video. It doesnt appear that idvd has an option for a two layer project (sorry i think thats what you call it) So im pretty sure I only have idvd. Is there a better way for me to see if I have dvdsp other than using the finder on my mac that Im not aware of?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 20, 2011 at 10:53:34 pm

Look at your Final Cut Pro installation disks. You should have the entire Final Cut Suite. You'll have to look for DVD Studio Pro on your own.

That is, if you INSTALLED the entire Final Cut Suite. It's silly not to do so.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]