FORUMS: list search recent posts

formatting clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason cockcroft
formatting clips
on Dec 19, 2011 at 8:41:52 pm

Hi, this is my first post and I'm an idiot, so be gentle. I'm new to fcp7 and I'm on a steep learning curve. Editing's fun and simple, the big problem is log and transfer. I have some stock footage from a website I want to use in a sequence with Canon Eos footage saved as ProRes Quicktime movies. Let's call the stock footage bulb.mp4. Fcp7 wouldn't let me log and transfer it, so I've used MPEG Streamclip to convert it into a Quicktime movie (bulb.mov) in ProRes. In the info, it confirms the clip is now a Quicktime movie with Codec Apple ProRes 422, Integer (Big endian). I'd assume fcp7 would now recognise it when I try to log and transfer, but it doesn't. In the log and transfer pop-up it shows grey. When I try to open the full bulb folder in the log and transfer window, I get the Warning "bulb-folder" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory matches supported media. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas? Exactly how big an idiot am I? On a scale of 1 to 10? Thanks for listening-

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: formatting clips
on Dec 19, 2011 at 8:51:18 pm

10. But we all have those moments.

Once your footage is converted to ProRes, you simply Import it, or drag it into the project. Log and Transfer is for tapeless media directly from a camera, not already made QT files.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

jason cockcroft
on Dec 19, 2011 at 9:19:39 pm

Thanks Shane, having read your previous posts I thought you'd be brutally honest with me. I've always wanted to be a 10 at something - an idiot will do. I've just imported the files, and guess what? Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 19, 2011 at 9:29:34 pm

NO problem.

I think I was an idiot on the scale of 10 this last year...Oct. On an Avid system. A real headdesk moment.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]