FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing interlaced look from 50fps material to use on 25fps project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Iiro Peltonen
Removing interlaced look from 50fps material to use on 25fps project
on Dec 19, 2011 at 4:30:25 pm

This is my problem:

A cameraman accidentally had his Panasonic P2-memorycard camera set on 50fps while he shot a days worth of documentary footage.

He was supposed to shoot 25fps and now the footage ofcourse looks interlaced and the shutter speed is very high, when placed in a 25fps timeline. The shutter speed is not an issue, but the interlaced look is because I need to use this footage along with other 25fps material with a normal 1/60 shutter.

Question:

Does anyone know a way to somehow perhaps deinterlace this material or remove artificially every other frame from the footage so that I could get rid of the interlaced look. I don't mind the high shutter because it's mostly people dancing. I've been experimenting a bit, but haven't gotten satisfactory results yet.

Return to posts index

John Christie
Re: Removing interlaced look from 50fps material to use on 25fps project
on Dec 19, 2011 at 5:48:29 pm

Too Much Too Soon filters - Smart Deinterlace. The filters are free but you can donate to the developer.

Return to posts index

John Christie
on Dec 19, 2011 at 5:49:30 pm

OOOPS, Meant to say Blend Fields. Although Smart Deinterlace might be worth a look as well

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 19, 2011 at 10:55:43 pm

[Iiro Peltonen] "A cameraman accidentally had his Panasonic P2-memorycard camera set on 50fps while he shot a days worth of documentary footage.... now the footage ofcourse looks interlaced and the shutter speed is very high... The shutter speed is not an issue, but the interlaced look is because I need to use this footage along with other 25fps material with a normal 1/60 shutter...
Does anyone know a way to somehow perhaps deinterlace this material or remove artificially every other frame from the footage so that I could get rid of the interlaced look."

Unless this cameraman screwed up royally and shot in standard-definition, the footage should all be progressive-scan video. You can run it through Compressor to get it to 25fps. Turn on the frame controls.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]