FORUMS: list search recent posts

Program slows (dramatically) with aiff audio clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Topham
Program slows (dramatically) with aiff audio clips
on Dec 18, 2011 at 8:59:38 pm

I've recently started using Final Cut 7.0.3 on a new 6 core MacPro computer.
When I open audio files in the viewer (typically .aiff, but sometimes other media types) it takes an obscenely long time for the viewer to allow me to play the clip. It does this for short pieces too, so it's not a length issue. It also slows down reaction time within the timeline and pretty much everywhere in the program.

I never had this issue before using Final Cut 5 on my little Macbook pro, so I'm assuming, and hoping, there is a setting or something I can tweak to allow me to work at a quicker pace.

Return to posts index

Amina Megalli
Re: Program slows (dramatically) with aiff audio clips
on Dec 19, 2011 at 3:21:50 pm

Check your playback settings. I had the same problem a while ago and changed the playback settings. Not sure what I did but play with it and see if that helps.

Return to posts index

Steven Topham
on Dec 21, 2011 at 2:27:18 am

Thanks for the response, but in FCP-USER PREFERENCES-GENERAL I have always had my audio playback quality at low. I looked at all the other playback menus and I don't see anything that could effect this.

Return to posts index

Steven Topham
on Dec 23, 2011 at 10:25:17 pm

I've tried just about everything short of reinstalling the program. Even tried to call Apple, but they don't provide support for FCP 7 anymore and sent me some very unhelpful literature.

I'm reposting here in the hopes that someone may be surfing who can provide me a solution that will save me from hours of reinstallation that will likely not fix the problem.

I should also mention that it is not just aiff clips. Also mp3. Probably all audio clips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]