FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log & Transfer footage from P2

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Pinne
Log & Transfer footage from P2
on Dec 18, 2011 at 4:49:54 am

Hi Everyone,

So I'm really new to this game and would appreciate anyone's help in as simple terms as possible. I've read a few other forums but have got quite confused and some of the threads seem to go on tangents just when I think I'm about to get the answer.

Anyway, I'm currently using FC Pro 6.0.6 and I've previously successfull log & captured footage from a P2 card using the instructions that from a previous post on here.

I've gone to log & capture some other footage using the same steps, but the folders appear empty with no clips in them. I'm positive there is footage in there, but the Log & Capture window will not read the clips correctly. I haven't changed any significant settings from the previous import so I'm confused as to why it won't read it correctly. Can someone please help? I've attached a screen shot below that shows the folder '151211' with no clips in it. It should have at least 2 decent size clips in it.

Any help would be appreciate, thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Log & Transfer footage from P2
on Dec 18, 2011 at 10:42:07 am

Are you sure? Look in the VIDEO folder in the CONTENTS. Are there files in there? If so, is the full card structure intact? Anything in the OTHER folders? Without a fully intact card structure, FCP cannot see a thing.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Daniel Pinne
on Dec 18, 2011 at 10:10:45 pm

Hi Shane,

The Audio, Clip, Icon & Video files all have files in them. The Icon folder shows me that it's definitely the footage that I'm after.

Any other thoughts?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 19, 2011 at 7:30:49 am

Well, is the footage AVCIntra like John mentioned?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Heagy
on Dec 18, 2011 at 7:27:10 pm

Is this DVCProHD or AVC-I P2? If AVC-I you will need to install the Panasonic AVC-I codec. FCP 6 doesn't support AVC-I out of the box.

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]