FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to use my Canon XHA1 as a deck to Print video using Final Cut Pro?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lorenzo Escalante
Is it possible to use my Canon XHA1 as a deck to Print video using Final Cut Pro?
on Dec 17, 2011 at 4:07:13 am

I am trying to make duplicate tapes using footage that has already been captured and digitized using my Canon Xh A1 as a deck. I have looked up several tutorials and have found nothing. Now, I am wondering if my efforts are futile and if what I am trying to accomplish is even possible...

I am running on a 27" Imac, 2.8 ghz Intel core i7, with 8 GB of memory....os, 10.6.8

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Is it possible to use my Canon XHA1 as a deck to Print video using Final Cut Pro?
on Dec 17, 2011 at 7:17:15 am

You have to PRINT TO VIDEO...let FCP conform the sequence and then it will play it out. But the timecode of the output will not match the original tapes.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lorenzo Escalante
Re: Is it possible to use my Canon XHA1 as a deck to Print video using Final Cut Pro?
on Dec 17, 2011 at 8:18:51 am

Hey! thanks for the response....I semi figured it out....But it seems that only the HDV1080i60 sequence works to print to video...is there any reason for that?

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Dec 17, 2011 at 12:17:22 pm

There used to be an import tax in Europe for cams that have FW input enabled, as they were concidered a deck rather than a camera.
So in order for the manufacturers to be cheaper, the input was disabled (in software) for the european market.
There are hacks available to enabe it if this is the case.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 17, 2011 at 7:07:02 pm

[Lorenzo Escalante] "But it seems that only the HDV1080i60 sequence works to print to video...is there any reason for that?"

Because that is what the camera records. What are you trying to send to the camera? 1080p 24? The camera records that in a 1080i60 stream.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]