FORUMS: list search recent posts

Not exporting to 16:9 on DV/DVCPRO NTSC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Smith Glover
Not exporting to 16:9 on DV/DVCPRO NTSC
on Dec 16, 2011 at 6:03:07 am

Hello,

Having an add issue. I have a project set to NTSC 720 anamorphic (16:9) 30p (shot on a DVX100). When I export using Quicktime conversion, the exported file is in 16:9. When I just export a Quicktime movie (not using conversion), the file ends up in 4:3. I am trying to create a file for DVD Studio pro.

Any thoughts at to why this might happen? If you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks,

Smith

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Not exporting to 16:9 on DV/DVCPRO NTSC
on Dec 16, 2011 at 6:35:17 am

16:9 in DV is anamorphic. Squeezed to fit in the 4:3 frame, as DV is SD, and SD is 4:3 (except in PAL land where it is 16:9).

Your anamorphic export should unsqueeze when you make a DVD. Just make sure you make it a 16:9 DVD.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Smith Glover
on Dec 16, 2011 at 6:43:22 am

Shane

Thanks for the note- that's a big help. I should have tried it in DVD studio pro.

Best,

Smith

Return to posts index

Joe Quinn
on Apr 11, 2013 at 1:17:06 am

I had a similar issue, and noticed that the squeezed files unsqueezed in DVDSP when I checked the option for rectangular pixels. So that's all fine for making DVDs, but what if I want to make movie files to do other stuff with? Like, putting on the internet. What sort of settings should I use to get a 16:9 DV NTSC video to retain its dimensions when playing in Quicktime, for instance?

It seems crazy to me that the programs wouldn't somehow default to doing whatever necessary to make the file look like it does in FCP when you hit export ... it would have to be a pretty weird situation if you wanted all your finished movies to be squished when you export them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]