FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need advice with sequence settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted Scarlett
Need advice with sequence settings
on Dec 15, 2011 at 9:50:47 pm

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I am working with my footage and all my clips are
Frame size 1280x720
Vid Rate 29.97 fps
compressor Apple Prores 422

I create another sequence and make copies of all my clips and then paste them into my new sequence timeline and then add Chapter markers. Once I export to QT movie using current settings the movie has now changed sequence settings and is now

Frame size 1440x1080
Vid rate 25 fps
HDV 1080i50

Why is it changing this ? I just did the same type DVD movie a few weeks back and did not encounter this problem. Everything fit on my DVD perfectly. Now once exported as QT movie it's widescreen and a bit stretched out. I tried changing the "full movie" sequence settings but all that did was just whack the picture out even more. Am I missing something here?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Need advice with sequence settings
on Dec 15, 2011 at 10:00:02 pm

[Ted Scarlett] "Why is it changing this ?"

Because your EASY SETUP is set to those settings, apparently. Whatever your easy setup is set to, is what the new sequence settings you make are set to. And when you copy and paste, the sequence settings don't change to match. bypass this, cut a clip into the sequence first, to set it to match, THEN paste into it.

Or change your easy setup.

Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ted Scarlett
Re: Need advice with sequence settings
on Dec 16, 2011 at 6:40:34 pm

Thanks for the help Shane. I appreciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved