FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem exporting footage from Final Cut Pro 7.0.3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Matthias
Problem exporting footage from Final Cut Pro 7.0.3
on Dec 15, 2011 at 5:05:15 pm

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having.
I have an edited sequence in Final Cut Pro and I need to export some clips so I can do some work on them in After Effects.
The original footage was shot with a Canon 5D mark II, it was converted to Apple Pro Res 422 with the Canon eos plugin.
I exported the clips via: File > Export > Using Quicktime Conversion with the Animation codec but the exported clips look darker than the footage in the Final Cut Pro sequence.
I tried using Compressor both with the Animation Codec and with the "None" compression option, but the results were the same.
The strange thing is that when I export the clips in Final Cut via: File > Export > Quicktime Movie, the clips look the same has the original ones. I don't want to use this export method though because of the loss of image quality that it causes.
Can anyone help?
Thank you

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Problem exporting footage from Final Cut Pro 7.0.3
on Dec 15, 2011 at 5:32:16 pm

Forget about Animation and QT Conversion.
Export from your time-line with the current settings (Prores).
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 15, 2011 at 5:34:04 pm

[Michael Matthias] "I exported the clips via: File > Export > Using Quicktime Conversion with the Animation codec but the exported clips look darker than the footage in the Final Cut Pro sequence. "

DON'T DO THAT. Do not recompress your footage. BAD idea. File>EXPORT>QUICKTIME MOVIE. Check SELF CONTAINED. That will export a full res file, not recompressed. And it will be ProRes...fine for use in AE.

[Michael Matthias] "The strange thing is that when I export the clips in Final Cut via: File > Export > Quicktime Movie, the clips look the same has the original ones. I don't want to use this export method though because of the loss of image quality that it causes."

There is NO quality loss. None. Zip. Zero. FCP copies over the data to a new file...same codec. Zero quality loss.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Matthias
on Dec 15, 2011 at 5:43:33 pm

Thank you so much Rafael and Shane, problem solved.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]