FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 5.0.4 upgrade to Final Cut Pro 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyson Caldwell
Final Cut Pro 5.0.4 upgrade to Final Cut Pro 7
on Dec 14, 2011 at 7:12:49 pm

Hello,

I currently have the FCP Studio 1 full version on my old G5 and wanting to get FCP 7 on my Mac Pro. I've gotten conflicting reports on whether the upgrade version of FCP7/Studio 3(?) would work since I have Studio 1, or if I need to buy the full version of FCP 7. I've found both elusive versions, just trying to figure out for sure if I can save a few hundred bucks by getting the upgrade, and hadn't found anything in here that specifically addressed this question (so I apologize if it has been answered and I missed it).

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Final Cut Pro 5.0.4 upgrade to Final Cut Pro 7
on Dec 15, 2011 at 7:48:30 am

I upgraded to FCP 7 from Final Cut Pro 4 so I would say you will be fine since you have a full version of FCP 5.

What may prove harder is finding an upgrade version to buy. I am pretty sure they are no longer available from Apple but they do come up on eBay etc from time to time.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Tyson Caldwell
Re: Final Cut Pro 5.0.4 upgrade to Final Cut Pro 7
on Dec 15, 2011 at 7:55:01 pm

Thanks Neil! That's exactly how I understood it to work, and from what I recall is how the pre-Studio versions of FCP upgrades worked as well, but I wanted to be sure. I have found a couple places with upgrades and new, but they're few and far between. Thanks for your input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]