FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding still images to my video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sid chavez
adding still images to my video
on Dec 14, 2011 at 2:53:17 am

Thank you in advance for any help.

I have imported jpg and tiff images to a final cut project: settings are as follows: I heard tiff images may come out better than jpg. I thought I would try both. I am not putting any motion on the images…

a)my first image is a group shot 3024x3072 at 300 res. (which serves as my back drop for the headshots and I have dropped the opacity to about 50% so that the headshots are the focal point) In photoshop I took each person in the groupshot and cropped a single image of their head out of the group shot to highlight and put their name next to it. the head shots were cropped from the group shot at 1280 x 720 at 72 res. I then placed the headshots over their actual heads in the group shot. I am not enlarging these headshots but I am scaling them down in final cut . The images are coming out distorted when played back on a tv set. I did not add any filters not these shots at all. They are somewhat distorted when played back on the television. by distorted I mean the eye looks closed when it is not etc… faces look almost unrecognizable.

The video is :
frame size 960x720
compressor dvcpro hd 720p60 (according to my browser)

I would be grateful for any assistance with the problem.

sid

Return to posts index

Brad Wright
Re: adding still images to my video
on Dec 14, 2011 at 2:45:18 pm

Resize all your images to the 1280x720. This would be the square pixel size equivalent to the format you are using. Using smaller images sizes, solves two problems. There will be no weird resizing artifacts and Final Cut Pro will run faster with smaller sized images. Using TIFF is probably better, as there are less compression artifacts.

Brad Wright is software engineer, so it may be difficult to understand what he is saying. He is always happy to explain his greater detail.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]