FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unknown Error

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Bremer
Unknown Error
on Dec 13, 2011 at 8:51:28 pm

Hello,

I just got this error and I can't seem to find it on the web. Which means I am the 1st or that its a simple fix and I am lacking....

Error Message

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Unknown Error
on Dec 13, 2011 at 10:01:25 pm

It means you are trying to Log and Transfer footage, but you didn't keep the full card structure, or you didn't install the driver for that particular tapeless format.

What camera shot that footage?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Bremer
on Dec 13, 2011 at 10:09:55 pm

Canon 5D.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 13, 2011 at 10:14:23 pm

Did you download and install the Canon EOS Log and Transfer plugin? If not, L&T won't work.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/professional/professional_cameras/eos...

(Drivers and software)

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Bremer
on Dec 13, 2011 at 10:16:31 pm

Yes, this actually happend mid L&T.

Thank you for the link tho. When I first installed it, it wasn't easy finding that link.

Return to posts index

Adam White
on Dec 15, 2011 at 12:02:26 am

I've seen this error a few times with 5D material.

As Shane says, it happens when the original file structure from the card hasnt been retained. It can happen even if the card has been mirrored using Disk Utility.

The best thing to do is to transcode the MOV files from the 5D to ProRes manually in a batch (MPEG Streamclip is free + much better at this task than Compressor).

Also - a word of caution with using Log + Transfer for 5D footage: I've had an awful lot of issues where big chunks of clips arent transcoded so half or more of the clips go missing. FCP doesnt give you any warning to tell you this has happened so you wont realise until you start editing.

In my experience transcoding the files to ProRes in another app + then pulling them into Final Cut is much less accident prone!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]