FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subtitle Language not recognize on DVD Rip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jessica Muth
Subtitle Language not recognize on DVD Rip
on Dec 12, 2011 at 3:37:26 pm

Hey everyone,

I have a DVD that I am using to extract the subtitles from to create burned-in video files, such as Quicktime or AVI. My DVD contains the following subtitles:

Nepalese
English
Spanish
French
Swahili
Portuguese
Amharic

I am using Handbrake and MacX DVD Ripper Pro. These two pieces of software will recognize all of the subtitles except Amharic. I have installed fonts under the "Language & Text" option under System Preference and have changed my input to Unicode Hex and it doesn't seem to work.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can get any software to recognize Amharic when extracting the subtitles?

Thanks for the responses in the future.

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
Re: Subtitle Language not recognize on DVD Rip
on Dec 13, 2011 at 3:21:28 pm

Anyone have any idea?

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
Re: Subtitle Language not recognize on DVD Rip
on Dec 14, 2011 at 7:33:48 pm

I figured it out and would like to share with everyone.

DVD Ripping software will recognize more "widespread" languages, such as German, Spanish, Japanese. Amharic is an esoteric language that softwares will not recognize right away. We went into the original project and re-authored the Amharic subtitles by naming is "Spanish". That did the trick! By doing this, we tricked the software to think that Amharic contained Spanish subtitles and I have been able to rip the video with burned-in Amharic subtitles.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]