FORUMS: list search recent posts

Annoying: Out of Memory Error when rendering out..

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Burke
Annoying: Out of Memory Error when rendering out..
on Dec 11, 2011 at 11:58:44 am

Trying to render out this small 8 sec clip no more than 4 Video Tracks only. I do have allot of Factory FX plugins on them though. Can't seem to get it out of final Cut get that Out of Memory Error, about 25% in, any ideas?

I wear many hats.
http://www.gregburkepost.com

Return to posts index

Daryl K Davis
Re: Annoying: Out of Memory Error when rendering out..
on Dec 11, 2011 at 2:18:48 pm

I usually get that when I have photos in the timeline that are too large of file size.

-------------------------
DK Davis / Editor/ Post Super
-------------------------

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Dec 11, 2011 at 5:51:08 pm

Or using something like mp4/h.264 in your timeline. But I've seen OP here quite a bit so I'm thinking he probably already knows that. If not, transcode our footage to Prores via compressor or MPEG Streamclip an re-edit. If your images (stills) are the problem, you want them at 72dpi and no larger tha 2000x2000 in .png format and they should be fine.

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions

Return to posts index

Mario Ona
on Dec 17, 2011 at 2:46:02 pm

Tony: I have a Panasonic HDC-TM700 video camera, which takes beautiful video but the videoclips are very large and by default they come in at 1920x1080 as m4v (MPEG-4 video) files with codecs H.264/AC3 at 24,000+ bit rate. Taking your advice of re-editing using MPEG Streamclip, will this help make my video clips more manageable? And exactly what do I need to do using MPEG Streamclip. Bottom line: I'm also getting an out of memory error in FCP because the video clips are so large. I tried using Quicktime Player 7 to at least make my clips smaller by setting in/out points and doing hard edits on useless video, but because the videoclips are so large, my MBP can't process the video quick enough so the video appears to play in slow motion and the audio is not sync. Any help or advice would be HUGELY appreciated.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Dec 17, 2011 at 4:16:50 pm

Open the clips in MPEG Streamclip (you can do one by one, or in batches) and save as a QuickTime movie and change the codec settings to Prores or Prores LT (LT is smaller file sizes and adequate for many edits....don't use Prores HQ as its overkill and has its own set of issues) and export. Take those files into FCP and you should be golden. Not sure about your playback issues in QuickTime but this will help immensely!

If you're it familiar with MPEG Streamclip, google it for workflow info.

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions
Posted from iPad, please excuse typos!

Return to posts index

Mario Ona
on Dec 17, 2011 at 9:46:04 pm

Thank you, Tony! A couple more questions, if you don't mind...

I have FCP 6 and Quicktime 7.6.6 but I do not know if my Quicktime has the ProRes Decoder installed. How would I go about checking or do you know if my default my FCP and QT would already have this?

I'm asking because a problem I am running into is that QT 7.6.6 or QT X seem to stutter when I try to play video files with Apple ProRes 422 (I don't have FCP 7 so no access to prores LT) compression. I have a Panasonic HDC-TM700 camera which produces (60p) h.264 compressed video, which I then have to convert to something FCP can manipulate - ProRes 422 or Apple Intermediate Codec. AIC works fine, but ProRes plays back stuttering and missing frames, so I'm wondering if the culprit is not having the ProRes decoder? I can't imagine its my computer, since I have a MBP 17" with 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4 GB 1067 MhHz DDR3 memory. My HD is, however, 1 TB at 5400 rpm (which is the other thing I think could be slowing me down, but then again even when I work off my external HD running at 7200 rpm I still run into the same problem: I can't playback ProRes 422 compressed video clips on QT or FCP effectively).

Please help me or point me in the right direction! New dad (1 year old) trying to finally get the baby video done!

Tks in advance, Mario

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]