FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any suggestions or advice for someone getting a good monitor for post production?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Any suggestions or advice for someone getting a good monitor for post production?
on Dec 11, 2011 at 12:40:50 am

I'm thinking of getting a monitor to do accurate color correction and other post production stuff at home. I currently edit with FCP 7. I have no idea where to begin, what to tihnk about, what to look for. Are there differences between the types of monitors? I know this is a painfully vague question.....but what would be a decent monitor that gets the job done but doesnt break the band? I'll pay for quality; I just dont need top of the line.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: Any suggestions or advice for someone getting a good monitor for post production?
on Dec 11, 2011 at 3:37:19 am

do a search for flanders here on the cow. be sure to budget for a video card or breakout box to send a proper analog signal. and look into resolve for an app that is not EOL and will carry you into the future.

OSX 10.5.8; MacBookPro4,1 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
Re: Any suggestions or advice for someone getting a good monitor for post production?
on Dec 11, 2011 at 4:54:22 pm

What is EOL?

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Dec 11, 2011 at 5:52:03 pm

[Noam Osband] "What is EOL?"

EOL = End Of the Line = no longer produced or supported = FCP 7

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Dec 11, 2011 at 6:48:51 pm

oh and resolve lite is free.

OSX 10.5.8; MacBookPro4,1 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]