<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lucas cheadle
Picture jumps first frame of fade
on Dec 10, 2011 at 10:55:57 pm

FCP 7.0.3
Mac Pro 2.66 Quad
OS 10.6.8
ProRes LT timeline

Fully rendered timeline yet there persists a picture jump the first frame of a fade out to black. I've tried keyframing an opacity fade, a crossfade to black, a slug on top of the video track fading in to black... to no avail.

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Picture jumps first frame of fade
on Dec 12, 2011 at 2:17:46 am

It appears you have tried most options in making a fade and are still seeing the pronlem.

I would first remove the fade to see if the picture still jumps. Is there a rogue motion keyframe at the fade pont ?

What happens if you fade a couple of frames earlier or later ? Does the problem persist ?

What happens if you replace the shot with any other and fade that at the same point - does that produce the same jump ?

Those things should give you a clue as to the cause.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

lucas cheadle
Re: Picture jumps first frame of fade
on Dec 14, 2011 at 6:36:31 am

Thanks Neil-
Those were some good troubleshooting tips but nothing changed. Without the fade there's no jump. There were no rogue motion keyframes. When I moved the fade around (location and duration) some weird things happened. The video would flash back to a moment earlier in the clip for a few frames and then return. I've seen that before a couple of times in FCP history and chalk it off to some reference hiccup. Anyways... the work-around I used was to export the timeline without the problem end fade and bring that self-contained mov back into FCP and then add the end fade. Success.

Side note: My source footage was a 720p download from Youtube (h264) transcoded to Prores in MpegStreamclip. Maybe this helps explain the jumpy fade.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]