FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Problems with Kona LHi and FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Askham
Audio Problems with Kona LHi and FCP7
on Dec 9, 2011 at 11:39:00 am

Has anyone else in the last few months had any problems with their Kona cards stopping outputting audio for no apparent reason?

We run half a dozen Leopard/FCP 7 systems on Nehalem Mac Pros and over the last few months we keep running into issues where the audio will just stop working in the middle of a session. Sometimes trashing preferences fixes it but sometimes the only fix is to pass the audio out of the Mac's Line-out or reinstall the Kona driver (I am aware that Kona updates their drivers quite often - and that the most recent ones are for Lion only).

------------------------
FCP and Avid Technical Support
Air Post Production
Shoreditch - London

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Audio Problems with Kona LHi and FCP7
on Dec 9, 2011 at 3:54:18 pm

[Gary Askham] "Has anyone else in the last few months had any problems with their Kona cards stopping outputting audio for no apparent reason?"

Nope. And I have the LHi at home for beta testing (normally have the Kona 3) and I have a Kona 3 at work.

[Gary Askham] "the only fix is to pass the audio out of the Mac's Line-out or reinstall the Kona driver "

Reinstall the Kona drivers that work for your system. Should take a few minutes.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

peter tours
Re: Audio Problems with Kona LHi and FCP7
on Mar 18, 2012 at 6:28:29 am

Yes I have and it's becoming chronic. Reinstalling software, flashing rom, all the tricks are not working any more. HDMI audio is ok so we are temporarily looping montoring off an HDTV. AJA seems to not have heard of this before. Have you found any solutions?

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

TRI EA5 1974-1977
Convergence ECS1B 1977-1979
Sony BVE 500 1979 - 1984
Datatron Vanguard 1984 - 1993
GVG VPE141 1993 - 1998
Media 100 1995 - 2006
Final Cut Pro 2005 to infinity and beyond!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]