FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 will no longer render any audio of any filetype in any timeline from any project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Meagher
Final Cut Pro 7 will no longer render any audio of any filetype in any timeline from any project
on Dec 9, 2011 at 8:54:47 am

Hello,

On about hour ten today of editing my documentary Final Cut decided to stop rendering any audio that needs it. I've tried all the various commands to render audio but it will not render. The little render timebar pops up for a split second and then vanishes leaving the audio unrendered.

This is not an incompatibility issue with the audio file type - I've been rendering this audio in stints for over a year and have never had an issue with it. I should mention as well that I've checked if it's only affecting this timeline and project and the answer is no . . . it's affecting all my audio of every file type in every timeline in all my projects.

I've tried resetting my audio render scratch disk and restarting my entire system, etc., etc. . . to no avail.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I've run out of ideas.

Cheers,
James

Return to posts index

Jon Wright
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 will no longer render any audio of any filetype in any timeline from any project
on Dec 9, 2011 at 9:31:53 am

Just a guess,

Have you tried changing your audio render file directory to a different location?

Jon

Return to posts index

adam taylor
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 will no longer render any audio of any filetype in any timeline from any project
on Dec 9, 2011 at 2:34:03 pm

you have probably tried this, but if you have reset the system, have you gone into the Sequence settings (Sequence drop down) and ticked the option for audio rendering?

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk
My YouTube Animations Page

Return to posts index

James Meagher
on Dec 9, 2011 at 3:42:35 pm

Thank you so much.

Of course you never think of the more obvious things at 3am after ten hours of work.

What I can't understand is how in the middle of working somehow all my audio render options (Render Selection, Render All) became unticked in the dropdown? I always use the keyboard shortcuts and never even go in there!

But thanks, this was a pleasantly simply fix to wake up to after four hours of sleep.

Cheers,
James

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Dec 9, 2011 at 5:28:03 pm

[James Meagher] "What I can't understand is how in the middle of working somehow all my audio render options (Render Selection, Render All) became unticked in the dropdown? I always use the keyboard shortcuts and never even go in there!
"

That's simple! You had a crash or kernel panic at some point, which always trashes preferences, and thus your render option got unchecked, because they reverted to their defaults, which for some unexplained reason come from Apple unchecked.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

James Meagher
on Dec 9, 2011 at 6:50:35 pm

Wow. I had no recollection that Render Selection default is unchecked. I never imagined that a crash or kernel panic could happen in about a ten second span between rendering one audio file and the next . . . especially without me noticing any other indication that something was awry.

Does Render Selection for Video also revert to default unchecked? Because the first thing I tried when the audio wouldn't render was a video render using the same old ⌘R and it worked because it wasn't unchecked. Also, I can imagine a lot of other things that should have reverted to defaults as well if my preferences were trashed and yet none of those did.

All strange . . . but thanks for the help because everything's working now and until the next issue that's all that matters!

Return to posts index

jesse theobald
on Jan 12, 2016 at 1:53:15 am

Hi

I have a question about rendering my project on final cut pro 7 , its on an external hard drive and when i open the project its all red in the canvas, control-r doesn't work neither does control-shift-r . when i was in film school my editing teacher new a way to get around this without rendering the project but its been so long i forgot how to do it.

can you help?

thanks
jesse .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]