FORUMS: list search recent posts

re: FCP 7 jerky playback...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Foulkrod
re: FCP 7 jerky playback...
on Dec 7, 2011 at 1:07:44 am

Help!

I'm getting ready to deliver a kiosk DVD to my client. Its basically sit down interviews with cutaways to hi res photos & broll video. The interviews were shot with a 60D (1920x1080 24p) & the broll was shot with a Sony FX7 (1440x1080i). I did transcode the Sony footage to match the 60D framerate. My issue is
my broll looks choppy/jerky (pans, tilts, zoom in/out) in the timeline & when I exported to full QT movie.
I even burned to DVD & got the same results. Strange but my broll looks fine when I look at it in the viewer, but as soon as I insert it into the timeline & watch it in the canvas it looks choppy. My seq settings are: 1920x1080 HDTV 1080i 16:9. The interviews, photos, titles look great, but the cutaway broll is chopped, like its not playing all frames or something? Any advice is much appreciated!

Steve

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: re: FCP 7 jerky playback...
on Dec 7, 2011 at 2:20:35 am

The correct workflow here would be to add pulldown to bring your 24p footage up to 1080i to match the interlaced footage. Or if your interviews are locked down, just drop them in your 1080i sequence and they may look fine without proper pulldown.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]