FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there an easy way to edit when you have lots of text subtitles in a timeline?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Is there an easy way to edit when you have lots of text subtitles in a timeline?
on Dec 6, 2011 at 11:34:41 pm

I'm editing a scene that has lots of translation. If I move a subtitle, I need to render everything all over again. Is there any way I can edit, move things around, and not need to constantly re-render to watch my scene in the timeline with the subtitles (I know I can black out that track and then watch it all without subtitles. That's what I do now. I'm trying to go beyond that if I can.)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Is there an easy way to edit when you have lots of text subtitles in a timeline?
on Dec 7, 2011 at 12:01:58 am

Make them basic...no drop shadow or anything fancy.

Fast drives.

More than 4GB RAM...FCP uses 4GB, so have 8GB or 12...16...

Then they should be green, and you can play without rendering.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
Re: Is there an easy way to edit when you have lots of text subtitles in a timeline?
on Dec 7, 2011 at 12:04:34 am

Ah, I have them drop shadowed now! so remove all effects and filters till the last step? cant wait to try this out when i get home!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 7, 2011 at 12:09:39 am

Yeah, I do all the DROP SHADOW adding later. You can remove them in one fell swoop if you have it activated in the MOTION tab. Just remove that attribute from all the text at once. Add it back later...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Dec 7, 2011 at 12:17:24 am

Another thing you can do if you can't get your speed up enough (sometimes even a faster system can choke on them based on the footage and effects you may have under the text) is get your subtitles in place and lock that track. Then cntrl-click on the text and select deactivate clip. Once everything is done, turn em back on and render.

Just a thought as I had to do that on an older machine/job.

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Priductions

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Dec 7, 2011 at 9:56:51 pm

another thing you can do to speed things up is to delete your render files (making your timeline unrendered) and then go to Sequence/Settings/Render Control and make your Resolution 25%.
Edit and Render as you please at this lower rez. Then when you are done just delete any render files and re-set your resolution back to 100% and render the final product.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]