FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropped frames warning.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Hammett
Dropped frames warning.
on Dec 6, 2011 at 10:34:58 pm

I keep getting the 'WARNING, dropped frames' box jumping up but I can't understand why. It's only on one particular project, all other projects are fine.

When I first had this trouble with these clips I thought it was because they where large hi-res files. They come from a Canon DSLR. So I made small, lo-res versions of all the clips and started again. New project. Imported all the tiny versions of the clips and got the same dropped frames error message.

The footage I'm using is tiny - very low res - and I've got all the files together on a drive with plenty of space (I've also tried copying them onto other drives). There are no effects on the clips, it's just the plain, simple, low res clips that I'm trying to play.

It's only on the cuts that it drops frames. It will play the clip but as soon as it gets to an edit... Warning!

Like I say it's only these clips that are giving me trouble, all other projects (with larger files) are fine. What could it be about this footage, that has remained during the conversion to lo-res???

I'm on FCP 6.0.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Dropped frames warning.
on Dec 6, 2011 at 10:45:46 pm

What has changed on your machine recently? Don't limit the list to Final Cut Suite.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]