FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere XML Export for FCP and XDCAM EX Files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karim Daire
Premiere XML Export for FCP and XDCAM EX Files
on Dec 6, 2011 at 2:44:48 pm

Hi,

I got a precut Project from a client which was edited in Premiere and then exported through Final Cut XML Export (workflow is from Premiere Pro CS5.5 to FCP 7).

Now when importing everything is fine but the Media is not connected because its the MP4 Files from the XD-Cam BPAV Filestructure and of course not the QT-XDCam Files FCP can handle.

I can relink the files but FCP denies the import. Only possibility I see is re-import and then replace through log+transfer and then relink the MP4s to the new QT-XDCam files but considering the mass of material this is not fun at all.

Is there any other way or is an workflow like this best not done at all??

Thanks for any hints in advance,

Karim

-Karim-
Freelance Cutter, Compositor and Animator from Hamburg/Germany

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Premiere XML Export for FCP and XDCAM EX Files
on Dec 6, 2011 at 3:22:54 pm

That's the problem you will face when you work in one NLE that can deal with the files natively, and try to send the project to another NLE that does not work with the files natively.

In order to get the files to work in FCP, they need to be converted using the XDCAM TRANSFER utility. And hope they relink Far from an ideal situation

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Karim Daire
Re: Premiere XML Export for FCP and XDCAM EX Files
on Dec 7, 2011 at 4:16:49 pm

I know that both programs handle XDCam fundamentally different but FCP can handle XDCam EX with its own Log+Transfer-Tool. I think it still can't import XDCam HD. So when relinking the XDCam-EX MP4s I get the normal dialog but it denies the import.

No workarounds for that? Is there some way I can rebatch them to the QT-XDCam Files that FCP rewraps on import?

Karim

-Karim-
Freelance Cutter, Compositor and Animator from Hamburg/Germany

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]