FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can Final Cut Pro export to Video_TS Folder?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Taintor
Can Final Cut Pro export to Video_TS Folder?
on Dec 6, 2011 at 1:43:47 pm

Basically we bought a Rimage disk copier/printer thing (3400 Professional series). With the program we can just send video files over our network to the Rimage burn station on another computer to burn a disk. Now you'd think we could just use an .mov file or something simple as the file type - but nope - the software for the Rimage needs it to be: IMG Movie File, Video_TS Folder or DDP Format.

So is there a way to export from Final Cut Pro 7 in any of those formats without first having to export it as an .mov and burn it onto a disk in DVD Studio Pro first?

~Max

Return to posts index

Seth Parker
Re: Can Final Cut Pro export to Video_TS Folder?
on Dec 6, 2011 at 2:23:47 pm

You can't go straight out of Final Cut to my knowledge. Those formats are all post-DVD multiplexing formats, or rather they represent bit-for-bit copies of the final DVD. Final Cut doesn't do the multiplexing and formatting required to make those files.

You're still going to have to use DVD Studio Pro, but you don't have to burn it to a disc. In DVD Studio Pro, run Build and Format. For your destination, select Hard Drive as your output device. Output format then becomes selectable, allowing you to pick .img or a DDP file.

Alternatively, every time you run Build in DVDSP, the Video_TS folders will be created in the Build folder. I prefer to deal with single img files than a whole folder, but that's up to you.

If your goal is just to get your videos onto a DVD as quickly as possible without menus, I'd setup a single track DVDSP project you can use as a template. Short of getting another DVD Authoring program or multiplexer, there's no real way.

Return to posts index

Max Taintor
Re: Can Final Cut Pro export to Video_TS Folder?
on Dec 7, 2011 at 2:59:03 pm

Good call on the output on DVD studio pro. I didn't think you could do it straight from FCP but wanted to make sure. Still a pain in he neck. Oh well.

Thanks, Seth.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]