FORUMS: list search recent posts

red render bar

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sofie Flamand
red render bar
on Dec 6, 2011 at 6:13:14 am

I have been editing using the same settings in FCP for over a year and now I am suddenly getting a red render bar. The project I am working in is pretty big - could that have something to do with it?

I always put all clips through the same compressor settings - so I don't end up with clips which do not match.

25fps, frame size 1920x1080, data rate 4.4Mb sec, pixel aspect square, audio rate 48KHz

I have checked and re-checked that the clips have exactly the same aspects video / audio - and as I said I have always used the same compressor on all clips and never had this problem before.

Now I get a red render bar when I stack clips and / or use text boxes (without drop shadows etc) - so my question is - can this be because the project is too big?

I also want to add that I am working on a completely new Mac OS X (8GB)

Any ideas as tho what is causing the red bar - and how to fix it is greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: red render bar
on Dec 6, 2011 at 3:40:29 pm

[Sofie Flamand] "I always put all clips through the same compressor settings - so I don't end up with clips which do not match.

25fps, frame size 1920x1080, data rate 4.4Mb sec, pixel aspect square, audio rate 48KHz"

Which codec?
What kind of footage?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 6, 2011 at 8:20:58 pm

[Sofie Flamand] "I also want to add that I am working on a completely new Mac OS X (8GB)"

...and if you did not do a clean install of the OS and application software, this is the root of your problem. Here's a a tale of woe similar to yours:
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1148896

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Dec 7, 2011 at 8:46:05 pm

Playback settings? Safe or Dynamic?

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>