FORUMS: list search recent posts

Raw Files to Pro-RES Edit Conversion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Trifunovic
Raw Files to Pro-RES Edit Conversion
on Dec 5, 2011 at 10:22:58 pm

Hi,

I am new to shooting on the Canon SLR series. I started editing a film in FCP straight from the Canon RAW files, because I did not realise that it is better to convert into Apple Pro-Res. My edit has become really slow and cumbersome as a result.

I have since converted all my footage into Apple Pro-Res LT and have it stored on a separate hard drive to that of the original footage (I replicated the original file structure of the first hard drive, in case that helps...)

Since I have already edited the film, I am trying to avoid having to recut the entire film with the converted footage.

I am wondering if there is a way I can use the existing edit - in and out points, fades, transitions, etc. - but apply it to the new converted footage, without having to go through each individual clip again.

Thanks in advance for your help. I am also a relative newcomer to FCP - I'd really appreciate it if you could explain as simply as possible how best to proceed.

Thanks again,

Mark

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Raw Files to Pro-RES Edit Conversion
on Dec 5, 2011 at 10:58:38 pm

please delete.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mark Trifunovic
on Dec 6, 2011 at 6:55:56 am

This is a Final Cut Pro query.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Dec 6, 2011 at 1:41:30 pm

[Mark Trifunovic] "I am wondering if there is a way I can use the existing edit - in and out points, fades, transitions, etc. - but apply it to the new converted footage, without having to go through each individual clip again."

Learn from your mistakes. You will have to re-edit.

Here is a tapeless workflow for FCP:
http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]