FORUMS: list search recent posts

MTS AVCHD Playback stutters - on 3 out of 5 machines... what's the trick?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Shawn
MTS AVCHD Playback stutters - on 3 out of 5 machines... what's the trick?
on Dec 5, 2011 at 6:04:58 pm

Hey!

I got a big problem - I need to get AVCHD playback working on a Mac Pro. The thing is: playback is working on a mbp 2011 (15", lion) and a mac mini 2011 (lion) ... and on a mbp 2011 (17", sl) and 2 Mac Pros (sl or lion) it's not working ... same final cut version ...

With perian installed, without... doesn't matter - I don't know what else could be different...

I have some AVCHD files (MTS, h.264 from a Sony NXCAM) ... VLC plays them fine. Unfortunately that doesn't bring me too far since I need to cut them.

Maybe someone ran into a similar problem? I saw someone once released a fix - but that was for Tiger.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: MTS AVCHD Playback stutters - on 3 out of 5 machines... what's the trick?
on Dec 5, 2011 at 6:24:31 pm

Did you convert to ProRes? Or are you trying to play back the AVCHD format native? If so...why are you trying to do that? Convert to ProRes. That's what FCP wants you to do.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Peter Shawn
on Dec 5, 2011 at 11:20:26 pm

Unfortunately it's too much footage... Otherwise I'm fully on your side.

Plus the big, big problem that it's almost impossible for me (I didn't mention those MTS have two streams inside - left+right eye - for stereoscopic 3D) to extract the streams... since the software from Sony won't install without the camera being attached to the PC obviously. And then it's only a PC software so I'd end up in creating hundreds of terrabytes of data (ok, I exaggerated a bit there .. but you get my point - 20 hours of footage *2 because of the two eyes and then uncompressed avi as 'intermediate' codec / container and then into prores - that'd be like 3 days straight work only for getting it into the right format to work with. And .... actually in 3 days I need some results rather than only to be starting.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 5, 2011 at 11:23:04 pm

Time to choose the NLE that will do the job you need done. Adobe Premiere is one...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Peter Shawn
on Dec 6, 2011 at 10:47:44 am

Well, that's not the problem. I have 2 machines where it works quite well - I want to find out why it doesn't on the other machines. Too point my problem into the right direction again...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]