FORUMS: list search recent posts

video playback out of sync.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joshua spool
video playback out of sync.
on Dec 5, 2011 at 1:45:31 pm

I recently took a new job at a post house and Instead of using professional external monitors for viewing, they've taken to using these SONY bravia LED TV's. The problem I'm getting is that the video that plays on these monitors is off by about 2-3 frames. However the video that plays on my reference monitor is frame accurate. The engineer who set up my suite ran HDMI into the SONY. While it runs SDI into my reference monitor which works fine. I'm wondering if the offset has to do with the HDMI? If I run component into the TV will that solve this issue?

Return to posts index

Brad Wright
Re: video playback out of sync.
on Dec 5, 2011 at 2:38:06 pm

Are you running the audio to the HDMI, as well. Usually, this problem happens when you send the audio and video to different destinations. Make sure your audio and video are going to the same television monitor.

Brad Wright is software engineer, so it may be difficult to understand what he is saying. He is always happy to explain his greater detail.

Return to posts index

Joseph Hung
Re: video playback out of sync.
on Dec 5, 2011 at 4:46:34 pm

It's the HDMI. I run audio and video separately, so I don't know if the above comment will work, it might give it a shot. One way to fix this is to offset your video feed by a few frames. When I play video to my client viewing HDTV I have to offset it by 5 frames to have the audio playing separately through a mixer and monitors to be in sync with the HDTV. It's not perfect, but it's pretty darn close.
Go to System Settings, then Playback Control, then Frame Offset. You'll have to play with it to find the right number of frames.

http://www.tulpapictures.com
Twitter: @tulpapictures
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tulpapictures

Mac 2.66 GHz Quad Intel Xeon
OSX 10.6.8
FCS2
CS5
8GB RAM
ProAvio 8TB RAID 5 Dual Mini-SAS
Blackmagic Intensity Pro
ATI Radeon X1900
RocketRAID 4322 via dual MiniSAS