FORUMS: list search recent posts

MUsic for TV

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brach Pulver
MUsic for TV
on Dec 3, 2011 at 4:49:16 pm

I am sure this has been asked before, but I need to figure this out.

I am producing outdoors TV shows. I have produced the same show for years and the guy wrote and preformed his own music.

Now I am doing a new show and have to find music. I have looked at freeplaymusic.com and really like their selection; however, when I contacted them I found out the cost is going to be a lot on a zero budget.

Now, is there any music out there that is truly free or at a much lower price? I could see a couple hundred dollars, but that price for every song is WAY out of my budget.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: MUsic for TV
on Dec 3, 2011 at 5:21:49 pm

Needle drop fees for music tracks command a good price for broadcast.
Your best bet would be music buy out. You can buy a CD for $60. and use it all you want.
Google for em.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Dec 3, 2011 at 5:22:43 pm

SmartSound Sonic Fire Pro. You still have to pay for the music.

Broadcast does have its fees. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Dec 3, 2011 at 7:53:50 pm

GarageBand? Soundtrack Pro? - these are do-it-yourself music creation tools you might already have. You don't necessarily have to be a musician, but it helps to have some "musical sense" when it comes to arranging and mixing loops.

You might also check out Stock20 - http://stock20.com/commerce/index.php
You have to buy from them but it includes broadcast rights.

HTH

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Dec 4, 2011 at 4:18:13 am

Digital Juice has a system where you can customize the tracks or use them as is. Also there are a good number of tracks in garage band/soundtrack. They're categorized as "Jingles." use em before they're worn out. I forget what the usage rights are, but they're fairly lenient.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Dec 4, 2011 at 2:18:11 pm

I second the Stock 20 site suggestion! Great stuff and when he adds new stuff, he'll let you pay another 10 bux and have access to the new stuff. He usually has a sale around ths time of year.

Digital Juice is great as well. Music box is multitrack and you can remove tracks from the final mix so they are infinitely fresh. Musicbox 2 is on retirement sale for $99 right now!

And there's footage firm who are selling a bunch of music discs fr only 8.89 shipping and handling on each. Thier stuff is ok. I have a couple of em.

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]