FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the best format to render in when moving from one program to another.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Wood
What is the best format to render in when moving from one program to another.
on Dec 3, 2011 at 1:51:04 pm

So say I have some video I've edited in After Effects, and want to bring it back into FCP without any change in video quality, what would I render it is? Animation codec? Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks.

I'm matching up audio in FCP and then editing my footage, rendering it, bringing it into AE, keying out the green screen, then going back into FCP and exporting it via compressor.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: What is the best format to render in when moving from one program to another.
on Dec 3, 2011 at 4:29:12 pm

The animation codec is a one way to preserve alpha and quality, but it's pretty inefficient, and will take long to render in FCP. You could also export it using the same settings as your sequence in FCP. In the end it has to become that anyway. The other codec that preserves quality and alpha channels, is ProRes 4444. Better efficiency for sure.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: What is the best format to render in when moving from one program to another.
on Dec 3, 2011 at 5:23:09 pm

Render to what your FCP sequence specs are.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]