FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor to DVDSTP problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted Scarlett
Compressor to DVDSTP problems
on Dec 1, 2011 at 8:39:49 pm

I've searched but cannot find the answer to this question. I'm using FCP7 exporting as QT movie. Using DVDSTP. When I bring my assets into DVDSP it compresses them into MPEG 2 format with both video and audio from my QT movie. However my footage is exceeding the 4.3 limit. I dragged one of my QT movies into Compressor and chose "DVD best quality 120" After compression was complete I attempted to view my movie before importing into DVDSP. Movie looks fine but there's no audio? Can you help me out? Thanks in adavance.

Ted

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: Compressor to DVDSTP problems
on Dec 1, 2011 at 8:59:19 pm

Using the DVD presets should create two separate files - a .m2v (video) and a .ac3 (audio). Bring both of these into DVD SP and author.

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Ted Scarlett
on Dec 1, 2011 at 9:20:04 pm

Thanks for the response Gary. When it's compressing it just makes one file on my desktop. Where should I be looking for the second audio file?

Return to posts index

Ted Scarlett
on Dec 1, 2011 at 9:29:47 pm

Sorry for the stupid post above. Thanks Gary I figured it out. Appreciate your help. I think I've got it now.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Dec 1, 2011 at 9:39:27 pm

[Ted Scarlett] "I've searched but cannot find the answer to this question"

You never looked in the manual. It's there.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Ted Scarlett
on Dec 1, 2011 at 9:53:29 pm

you are correct Steve. I don't have a copy of the manual. I got all of these programs second hand so I've been learning as best I can on Lynda.com. Again sorry for the basic questions. I'm just trying to figure this stuff out. Any advice on how to get my picture not so stretched out on the final DVD? Looks fine in DVDSP before I burn then when played appears stretched out a bit

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Dec 1, 2011 at 10:06:06 pm

If you have all the apps installed from FCS, all you have to do is select the Help tap on top and poof, the manual will appear.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Dec 1, 2011 at 10:40:35 pm

[Ted Scarlett] "Looks fine in DVDSP before I burn then when played appears stretched out a bit"

What are you using to play it?

Return to posts index

Ted Scarlett
on Dec 2, 2011 at 1:08:40 pm

I've viewed it on Mac, Pc, standard DVD player and all of them it's looking stretched out. I changed the settings before burning it to 4'3. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Dec 2, 2011 at 5:08:10 pm

Hmmm... hard to say what's happened and where. Starting at the beginning, what was your original footage source (SD 4:3 or widescreen... or HD)? What was your sequence setting in FCP? You said in your original post that you exported out of FCP as a QuickTime movie - was that a self-contained movie at current settings or did you make any adjustments? Could you post a screen grab of your FCP canvas as well as the final DVD Player screen so we can see the difference?

Return to posts index

Ted Scarlett
on Dec 4, 2011 at 2:47:45 pm

Yeah it's very strange? I'm having some difficulties with FCP. I exported as QT movie not self contained and used current settings on this whole project I'm working on. All footage has been 1280x720 29.97 fps Apple ProRes 422. On the last part of this project I built my last section of my movie and entered my chapter markers and now all this remaining footage has changed to 1440x1080 at 25 fps HDV1080i50. I didn't change anything in the settings or the cameras at all. I've been trying all weekend to figure this one out?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]