FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG streamclip stutter

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Graves
MPEG streamclip stutter
on Dec 1, 2011 at 4:54:44 am

Hello ~

I recently installed MPEG Streamclip and it seems to be a great program. I converted a series of AVIs to aurora mov's and i was very pleased with the results. Those files were uprezzed to 720x486 16x9 anamorphic at 100% quality. They are from 25x pal which I converted to 25x also.

Now I have done some NEW test conversions using Streamclip that are 4x3, 720x486 and 30x and these are stuttering, even at a much lower data rate on the transcoding. On a 2.5 minute file, the playback stutters after about 5 seconds, then goes again, then stalls again. The video card blacks on and off. Then FCP crashes. I have an older system using an Aurora Igniter card. EVen with external video turned off, the stuttering is still occurring.

I can't figure out what I did differently, except that the good ones are 25x anamorphic, and the bad ones are 30x 4x3. Finally i tried processing this new footage thru the exact same 25x Streamclip preset, and imported the clip to the same sequence as the other good ones. I'm still getting the stalling and stuttering. Any ideas on what settings I could impliment or what I am doing wrong?

thx

John

"Life is good, as long as it doesn't take up too much of my time."

-anonymous gamer

Return to posts index

Brad Wright
Re: MPEG streamclip stutter
on Dec 1, 2011 at 1:38:40 pm

I would not recommend using MPEGStreamclip as it has tons of bugs. Try using Compressor to convert AVI video files instead.

Brad Wright is software engineer, so it may be difficult to understand what he is saying. He is always happy to explain his greater detail.

Return to posts index

John Graves
on Dec 1, 2011 at 3:37:08 pm

What was the earliest version of Compressor that was available?

thx

J

-anonymous gamer

Return to posts index

Brad Wright
on Dec 1, 2011 at 3:41:16 pm

I'm not sure what you mean. I have Compressor 4.0 and it should work for converting the AVI files. As long as Quicktime can read it, Compressor should be able to read it, as well.

Return to posts index

John Graves
on Dec 1, 2011 at 3:45:50 pm

I have looked on the internet, apple support, and wikipedia. I cannot find a history of Compressor releases anywhere, but I do not have the program in my earlier version of FCP. My os is 10.3.9. Panther. Is there a version of compressor that will run on 10.3.9? If I upgrade higher it will wipe out 20K of equipment and software.

thx

J

-anonymous gamer

Return to posts index

Brad Wright
on Dec 1, 2011 at 3:59:55 pm

It's in Final Cut 5.14 which should be part of Final Cut Studio 1.0.

Brad Wright is software engineer, so it may be difficult to understand what he is saying. He is always happy to explain his greater detail.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]