FORUMS: list search recent posts

Arri Alexa workflow FCP / DS Nitrus

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Edney
Arri Alexa workflow FCP / DS Nitrus
on Nov 30, 2011 at 9:05:07 pm

Hi everyone,

My team is shooting a music video on the Alexa. They want to have it converted on site to 720p (the final product will need to be 720p/59.94 for broadcast-compliance), then they will come to me with a drive to my FCP 7 seat. Ultimately they would start the main video with me (pull selects and build a working template for all future edits) which I would then deliver for another team of Avid DS editors to add footage, grade and produce deliverables. I have never used this exact workflow and I'm trying to figure out the best course of action. If I use ProRes files in FCP how will I get them over to the DS editors with the relevant info? Will they work directly off the ProRes as well (pulling them in with AMA)? I need to figure out how to take my FCP edit and hand it over to them for all future edits. Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Bonesaw

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Arri Alexa workflow FCP / DS Nitrus
on Nov 30, 2011 at 9:18:35 pm

FCP to Avid DS? Oy...that'll be a trick. I'd be shocked if it could even import your ProRes files. Avid DS is different from Media Composer and Symphony. Really only likes very specific file times, and those are Avid MXF and OMFI files. Linking to ProRes with relevant info? Not likely.

Communication is key here. Talk to the DS finisher and get their thoughts. Perhaps send over tests. But most likely I think this wouldn't be possible. Avid DS wants Avid media. Heck, even when I edit on the Avid Media Composer for Avid DS online, we have to be very specific in how things are done, or they won't work.

My suggestion...get Avid Media Composer. If you think this will take less than 30 days, then download the trial and use this as time to learn the app. It will be a far easier transition to online.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]